My first regiment of russian cuirassiers was the Empress' (red facings), so now for my second one I chose to do the Emperor's regiment, of blue facings. I plan on doing at least another 3 regiments for my russian heavy calvary, including the Chevalier Gard and the lifeguards, but this might take a while.
Saturday, November 18, 2017
Wednesday, November 1, 2017
Here are my 1st and 2nd Life Guards, a couple units recently added to my british cavalry. These are Revell models, currently out of production, but still reasonably easy to find on ebay and such.
I already had the Horse Guards (aka The Blues), so now my Household Cavalry is complete!
Monday, October 23, 2017
Another regiment finished. This one has an officer from the Hat Napoleonic Officers set, which fits nicely along with the Zvezda sculpts.
I also painted a few more jagers for the russians. Enough to make a small formed unit and a handful of skirmishers. I'll expand them into a full formed battalion over the next months.
Monday, October 16, 2017
Another regiment done, this one belonging to the Finland Inspection.
I was building my regiments of line infantry solely with musketeers, because I believed the grenadiers from all battalions were combined into grenadier regiments, but I recently learned that those combined regiments took their grenadiers from the reserve battalions, which means the battalions in the front should be represented with their proper detachments of those elites, so corrected that with all the battalions I have so far.
Tuesday, October 3, 2017
Tuesday, September 26, 2017
My austrians have been waiting quite some time for reinforcements, I have negleted them entirely this year, being focused on getting the russians in shape, so I figured I needed to give them some love, and added a couple more units of Grenz to the army.
First off, a unit of orange facings, the Szluin regiment. These are Hat Industries models, they don't come with a standard bearer, but having developed a taste for adding flags to my units, I decided to go ahead and spread colors throughout my armies, so I converted a soldier loading his musket into a standard bearer. I'm pretty happy with the result.
What I did was to cut some elements of his musket to smooth up the surface into a pole, and extended it by gluing a lance (from my celts) to the top. The pole didn't turn up very smooth, but the tricolor scheme of the austrian flag poles help hide the irregular surface pretty effetively.
I have done the same conversion with my previous regiment of grenz, as well as the 2 regiments of Hngarians I have, so now I have 5 more units with flags on the austrian army. In time, I'll add colors to them all!
The unit in attack column:
I also painted 6 bases of skirmishers for them, which represent a small unit in open order.