Monday, September 26, 2016

Celt Cavalry

I just finished the first 2 units of celt cavalry. This is about half the cavalry I'm going to have for my gallic army. The other 2 units I'll be doing during these last few months of the year.

The models are from the Italeri kit, which provides only 3 poses. Fortunately, being gauls, they can be painted in lots of different cloth colors, which, together with a mix of hair colors, allowed me to get them a bit more diverse.


SAM_0222

SAM_0237

SAM_0238

SAM_0223

SAM_0227

SAM_0230

SAM_0234

SAM_0233

7 comments:

  1. They look superb, dynamic and fierce...Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mat, excellent painted figures! Did you know that yo can converse figures in hot (boiling) water? Put the figure a time in the water, bend the arm, head in the position you want it and keep it there untill the figure cooled down. A few handswops could also help, or some spare weapons, like replacing the spear by a sword. Just a few suggestions to get more poses.

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Peter, I'm familiar with this technique, though different plastics react differently, and I haven't tried that with Italeri's models.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  3. Superb Painting & Basing! Well Done BB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind words, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the three poses are sufficient for variety here. In any even=t, they are excellent.

    ReplyDelete