Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Ghar from the starter set and some Algoryn reinforcements

I finished painting my Ghar form the starter set of Beyond the Gates of Antares. It was tough to make up my mind on a color scheme for them, as I've seen so many good choices on the Antares Facebook group, I was tempted to copy many. 

But here I think I ended up with a scheme that is very suited for these pitiful little fellas - very dark, sinister and menacing!

SAM_9429

SAM_9430

SAM_9436

SAM_9442

I did some pink on the weapons of Assault walkers, so they are easily distinguishable from the Battle Walkers on the table from a few feet away, while still keeping an overall light green lighting that will be my trademark for this faction.

SAM_9448

SAM_9447

SAM_9432

SAM_9435

SAM_9438

SAM_9434

SAM_9444

SAM_9446

Now, I was very happy to find this guy in the lot, as I purchased my starter set from an online retailer a couple weeks after release, so I wasn't expecting to receive this model, which was a pre-order only bonus. I guess the store managed to grab some pre-order sets after all, and I can't complain!



SAM_9455

SAM_9454

Along with the starter set, I ordered some additional units to bulk up my Algoryn, and now I have one of each unit released to date.

The Infiltrators: Watch out, here come the pret- err... the ladies!

SAM_9458



SAM_9462

The plasma support: I don't like how the energy lighting on the weapon came out. I'll be redoing it over the next days. I just can't get to do this white wash right! I added a third crewman to the unit with a spare model I had lying around from a mispack.

SAM_9464

And finally, the targeter probes, pretty cool models, as well:

SAM_9457

Next up, I'll be doing the Concord troopers from the starter set.

1 comment:

  1. Love the paint, the light effects came out great. I'm currently exploring the figs and rule system, so thanks for sharing these. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete