Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Numidian Cavalry

Here is my Numidian Cavalry for my roman army. This is the Zvezda kit, and contains excellent sculpts as usual.

It's funny to think that these guys are usually portrayed with dark skin, even though they were berbers, some of the ancestors of today's algerians, but I chose to do them just like that, so to give them a very distinct look in comparison to the rest of my roman army.

SAM_9111

SAM_9112

SAM_9117

SAM_9121

SAM_9113

SAM_9124

SAM_9115

SAM_9116

SAM_9120

SAM_9119

SAM_9118

3 comments:

  1. Another splendid job sir, amazing details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking sculpts and painting.

    My Numidians have dark skin as well, although a bit lighter. As you say, should probably be quite a lot lighter, although mot quite Northern European skin tones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, they are great. I bought a box to field thm in a punic/roman republic army.

    In Hail Cesar Army Lists book, numidian cavalry are fielded as small units.

    Do you field them as small units? What bases do you use and how many miniatures per base?

    ReplyDelete