Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Spanish Infantry

Here is my first Spanish unit. This is a Line Infantry Regiment dressed on the colors of the Extremadura Regiment. Those are mostly models from the new Emhar kit, but I've also added some Hat models from their Infantry Command box.


SAM_7578

SAM_7579

SAM_7581

SAM_7582

SAM_7583

SAM_7584

SAM_7585

SAM_7586

SAM_7587

SAM_7588

This was my first experience with printing flags for these napoleonic armies. I found a pic of a good spanish flag of the period, and had to test print it a few times before getting the size just right.

SAM_7589


Square formation:

SAM_7590

SAM_7591


March Column:

SAM_7592


SAM_7593


Line:

SAM_7594

SAM_7595

SAM_7596

The Esci kit comes with a mounted officer, that I chose to paint as a General. Not a particularly sharp sculpt, but will do just fine.

SAM_7597


SAM_7600


SAM_7601

This unit is going to reinforce my British army, which is basically a Peninsular-Campaign-british-army for now, and will also include Portuguese and Brunswick.

I've already started painting the portuguese - also Emhar new kits - but unfortunatelly I'll be away from home for the next couple weeks, so progress on my second Napoleonic army is going to face a short delay. Aaand it sucks to stay away from the paint desk for two weeks. So many projects need my attention, and real life insists on getting on may way (!) 


*End of Transmission*

3 comments:

  1. Muito bom: pintura, mistura de marcas, tudo! Muda só a marca de Esci para Emhar nos fuzileiros.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great looking unit, Mateus. I have some Dos de Mayo figures in hand, but am waiting for them to rectify some mistakes in the original order.

    ReplyDelete